British author, Rebecca West, was once quoted as saying, “I write books to find out about things.” How true that is! Having been asked to write on subjects as varied as science, technology, healthcare, skincare, entrepreneurship, finance, construction, motivation, safety, sales, architecture, moving and storage, and automobiles (and this is just for the last month), I’m constantly “finding out about things.”
They say, write what you know, yet I love digging into what I don’t know. I love finding out about things. Here are just a few examples of what I’ve learned this month.
What I’ve Learned So Far This Month as a Freelance Writer
- Entrepreneurship in Africa is hot. Africa isn’t just an emerging nation, it’s an emerging continent.
- One way to improve visitor security is with expiring visitors passes. These are chemically treated so that the word “void” appears in red 24 hours after the label has been activated.
- There are over 500 ways for a couple to claim Social Security. Yikes!
- Hackathons aren’t just for hackers and computer programmers. The idea isn’t necessarily about coding; rather it’s about dedicating time to working on a specific project.
- There are a lot of innovative companies out there that are genuinely working to make the world a better place.